Every time you look in the mirror, does your skin look older and a little more tired? Is the effect of the sun taking its toll? Most of us, at one point or another, have thought of possibly putting a stop to or at least slowing down the ageing process and its effect upon our skin. But how can we do that?
We all contend with the natural ageing process on a daily basis, but harsh environmental factors also impact upon our skin. Until recently, most skin rejuvenation treatments involved a lengthy, inconvenient recovery period and surgery. IPL Photo Rejuvenation is a new sophisticated yet simple aesthetic procedure that doesn’t require surgery.
This revolutionary new method involves a series of beams of light being pulsed onto the facial area. This improves the signs of photo-aging and rosacea while reducing fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, telangiectasia and irregular pigmentation – resulting in dramatically younger and more beautiful skin. The benefits are consistent, with visible improvement in the skin, and importantly, minimal discomfort.
When following our Photo Rejuvenation guidelines, patients experience consistent, visible and long-lasting improvement to the skin. Facial Rejuvenation has a great appeal because of the dramatic visual improvement to the skin, the simple nature of the treatment and, most importantly, the complete absence of recovery time. Patients are able to return immediately to normal activity after receiving a treatment in one of our Melbourne clinics.
Erythema: Photo Rejuvenation is particularly effective for erythema cases of the face, neck or chest. Patients can expect an average of 75-90% reduction in facial erythema after five sessions. Benefits have also continued for up to twelve months after erythema treatment.
Flushing: Until recently, there has been no effective solution for facial, neck or chest flushing. Photo Rejuvenation is extremely effective in reducing the degree of flushing in all patients treated. Most patients report a 85% (or greater) reduction in flushing.
Rosacea: Patients with active inflammatory rosacea generally experience a considerable improvement in their symptoms after receiving Photo Rejuvenation laser treatment for rosacea. Most patients are able to decrease or discontinue other treatments for rosacea. Although symptoms of rosacea may re-occur, most patients report a 60% (or greater) improvement after undergoing laser treatment for rosacea.
Photo-aging and sun damage: Skin that displays fine wrinkling, freckling or irregular pigmentation from chronic sun exposure is visibly improved after a series of sessions. Fine wrinkles have generally shown an average improvement of 60-75% (or greater) after five facial rejuvenation sessions.
Pigmentation Problems: These include brown age spots, melismas that are coarse, and rough appearing skin with large pores. Patients with this skin type generally experience smoother, softer skin with a visible reduction in pores after treatments. Pore size improves an average of 65% (or greater)*.
Non Facial Sun damage: Chest, dorsal, hand, forearm and legs can all be safely rejuvenated with our Photo Rejuvenation procedure.
Acne Scarring: IPL Photo Rejuvenation is effective in providing erythema treatment while reducing post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation of acne scarring.
· Photo Rejuvenation offers several advantages over other skin rejuvenation modalities such as chemical peeling.
· The only truly effective treatment for facial, neck and chest erythema, telangiectasia and flushing.
· One of the main advantages with Photo Rejuvenation treatments is that there are substantial visible improvements seen in the skin with no downtime.
· Safe with a minimal risk of scarring or adverse effects.
· Treatments are quick and easy for patients and, generally speaking, no anaesthesia is required.
· The whole face can be treated with laser face rejuvenation for most patients within fifteen to twenty minutes.
· Millions of Australians with skin changes of rosacea and/or photo-aging can benefit immensely from treatments.
· The energy delivered in Photo Rejuvenation is in the form of pulses of light. The wavelength of the laser is within the visible spectrum of light, so there is minimal risk of ocular injury and a higher level of patient safety.
· Photo Rejuvenation treatments can be safely used on non-facial skin. This permits effective treatment of erythema of the neck and chest, and photo-aging of the neck, chest, forearms, shoulders and legs.